Orthopedics Community
SHARP BURNING/ SHOCKING IN KNEE WHERE LCL IS LOCATED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Im 31 years old lost 50 lb back down to 130lb well i have been having this pain in my right knee on the outside of where the LCL is located.. the pain feels like a sharp burning pain only when i put pressure on it meaning when i get on my knees on the floor.. Soon as it touches I feel the pain and its so unbearable.  I have lost weight and its still happening. its been like this for about two+ years. My knee clicks at time..  when i wake up in the morning its feels like there is water trapped around my knee cap and swollen alittle. then about 45 mins after i get up the water and swellening goes down. im on a water pill and have been for a while. back in 2003 i fell really hard on it and broke the floor wood didnt go to the doc dumb on my part. then back in 2009 i was flipped over some ones back hard and fell on the same knee and put two holes in my pants and they match the two scars on my knee. it swelled bad couldnt bend it for about two months it looked nasty didnt have medical so didnt go to docs again.  It bends the other way sometimes and gives out alot more lately.. when I turn around and just move my upper half and leave legs in same spot it pops alot and starts to hurt. some times its hard to bend it feels like my knee cap is getting caught on something. thats how it felt when i got flipped when i tryed to bend it it couldnt cause it was like the knee cap was caught or would try to go over another bone. each time i have fell hard on it, it swelled right away. the last time it looked like a soft ball was under my skin on my knee.. It feels like a sharp burning and like if you was getting shocked by electric and like if it was tearing every time. what could it be... Please can you help..Thank you again in advance pam