Orthopedics Community
SI joint and sciatic nerve pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SI joint and sciatic nerve pain

My right SI joint shows severe arthritis and bone spurs on CT.  I have right buttock pain but the main problem is intense burning which goes down the back of my right leg all the way to the foot and cramps in my last two toes of right foot.  I cannot sit, stand, or lay without the burning.  I cannot sleep at night and toss and turn from each side but the burning does not stop.  I am told that no one operates on the SI joint.  I have tried steriods without success but with reaction including inflamation (inflammation) of tongue and mucous membranes.  Is there a cure for me?  Pain management does not seem to have any answers.
Thanks for any help.