Orthopedics Community
SSP Tendon injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

SSP Tendon injury

i fell and badly hurt my upper arm/shoulder. after several months of the pain and mobility getting worse and worse i saw an orthopaedic surgeon who ordered an mri scan. the report was in a foreign language( i live abroad) so i have to get the report translated as i didn't understand the surgeons explanation.

the translator say the report says that the SSP tendon that forms the rotator cuff is thicker than normal and appears heterogenic hypercoic. ( what does that mean exactly?)

there is no evidence in the sub-acromila subdeltoid subscapulus and in the joint capsules of gathering liquid or associated changes of signals. the supra-scapularis tendon appears normal. the biceps tendon appears normal and no sign of liquid in the covering of the tendon.

he told me to have physiotherapy three times a week for 6 months,but it was extremely expensive,so i asked around and was then given some exercises to do,which i am unable to do as the pain is so intense. i was also told to take anti inflammatory tablets and use the gel,use ice packs and to wear a shoulder brace. all this i have done and far from improving the situation,the pain is worse than ever.

the upper arm is very swollen still,the shoulder aches continuously and i am unable to use my left arm at all. i have constant pain in the elbow,and pain also in the thumb and forefinger. i cannot lift my arm up or sideways at all. i am also unable to bear any weight in my arm and cannot lift anything. i cannot sleep as the pain keeps me awake all night even though i wear the brace all night.

i am also unable to drive. the area between my shoulder and elbow is extremely painful,and i also have pain in my shoulder front and back.

what else can i do? would a tens machine help? do i need to find out about surgery? what do you recommend? any help would be appreciated as this is making my life a misery. even walking is painful.

I should also mention.i have already had 4 cortisone injections at the hospital where i had the scan done,none of which have helped alleviate the pain or improve the mobility.

i cannot lift the arm,nor can i tie my hair back,or use the arm to wash/dry my hair,shower,........nothing.