SSP Tendon injury
i fell and badly hurt my upper arm/shoulder. after several months of the pain and mobility getting worse and worse i saw an orthopaedic surgeon who ordered an mri scan. the report was in a foreign language( i live abroad) so i have to get the report translated as i didn't understand the surgeons explanation.

the translator say the report says that the SSP tendon that forms the rotator cuff is thicker than normal and appears heterogenic hypercoic. ( what does that mean exactly?)

there is no evidence in the sub-acromila subdeltoid subscapulus and in the joint capsules of gathering liquid or associated changes of signals. the supra-scapularis tendon appears normal. the biceps tendon appears normal and no sign of liquid in the covering of the tendon.

he told me to have physiotherapy three times a week for 6 months,but it was extremely expensive,so i asked around and was then given some exercises to do,which i am unable to do as the pain is so intense. i was also told to take anti inflammatory tablets and use the gel,use ice packs and to wear a shoulder brace. all this i have done and far from improving the situation,the pain is worse than ever.

the upper arm is very swollen still,the shoulder aches continuously and i am unable to use my left arm at all. i have constant pain in the elbow,and pain also in the thumb and forefinger. i cannot lift my arm up or sideways at all. i am also unable to bear any weight in my arm and cannot lift anything. i cannot sleep as the pain keeps me awake all night even though i wear the brace all night.

i am also unable to drive. the area between my shoulder and elbow is extremely painful,and i also have pain in my shoulder front and back.

what else can i do? would a tens machine help? do i need to find out about surgery? what do you recommend? any help would be appreciated as this is making my life a misery. even walking is painful.

I should also mention.i have already had 4 cortisone injections at the hospital where i had the scan done,none of which have helped alleviate the pain or improve the mobility.

i cannot lift the arm,nor can i tie my hair back,or use the arm to wash/dry my hair,shower,........nothing.