Orthopedics Community
Scapula and Rotator Cuff injury at Chiropractor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I went in to the Chiropractor in June for a little tightness in the shoulders.  I left with a Winged Scapula, Torn Rotator Cuff and 1 month of hell on earth.  During the treatment part of the appointment I was hooked up to an EMS machine by an assistant.  I don't know if it was set too high, but once it was turned on there was pain in my right shoulder.  I thought I was just being a sissy and it would get better but it didnt.  It got much worse.  After 10 minutes of intense pain I was barely able to stand up.  I ended up coming back to the chiropractor an hour later, and later again the same day.  I was in major pain.  At night it got so bad that I didnt sleep the first 2 nights.  I ended up going to a sports therapist and was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff and a winged scapula.  Basically for a month I slept between 1-3 hours per night for the first month.  Eventually I rehabbed the torn cuff, but the scapula is still winged and completely useless.  I can barely bench the bar when lifting (i completely stopped).  
Is the chiropractor at fault for my injuries and what can be done to fix this problem?  There is no pain associated with the scapula, just weakness.  I've been seeing this chiropractor for 20+ years and I feel horrible about taking action (if thats an option).  What else can I do?