Orthopedics Community
Scar tissue removal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Scar tissue removal?

I crushed the tip of my pinkie; a hematoma formed on the underside of the distal joint. These black dots peeled off along with the finger's skin, leaving a hard lump of scar tissue behind.  Because of this, I cannot grasp anything with my pinkie; it feels as if there is a hard bean on the underside and the area is very tender.  How can this be removed?  Do I need a plastic surgery or is there another method?  

Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Can you elaborate on the type of injury you had? It is important to rule out fracture of the bone by performing imaging studies such as x-ray of the finger. It is best that you have this checked also by your doctor for proepr evaluation. Rest, splinting and pain medication may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.