Searing pain in shoulder blade?
Hello! My name is Kari. I am an eighteen year old female who has been experiencing a suspicious burning of my left shoulder blade on and off for the past two to three years. It flares up at random intervals; when I am sitting at the computer, walking, standing still and upright, etc.

I guess at this point I am just looking for some answers as to what this could possibly be. I've done numeral hours of research to see if I could associate the pain with anything, and what I got back was rotatory cuff problems and stuff like that.

As I said, it is completely random spasms of burning, lancing pain UNDER my shoulder blade. When I twist with my arm outstretched, it feels like something is lodged underneath, and it is very, very uncomfortable.

Recently, I've also gotten accompanying pressure on the same side of my body as my shoulder pain (the left), right over my heart, and I'm worried they might be related. It is almost the same feeling that I experience under my shoulder blade; like something is catching. It is not painful as of yet, but its really worrying me because of the position. As far as I can tell, it is directly over my heart.

I considered the possibility of some sort of pulled muscle (something of which that I am really hoping it is, because at this point I'm freaking out) but I've read some other things online and it's not doing a good job of easing my tension.

I was just wondering if I could maybe get some answers on either of these things.  Thank you!
Hey Kari!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular causes such as nerve impingement/ muscle spasm, injuries/ trauma, growths/ masses, hormonal/ endocrine issues, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!