Orthopedics Community
Severe! shoulder and color bone pains!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Severe! shoulder and color bone pains!

Hi all.

I've had shoulder pain for 8 years now, i've had 3 cortisone injections 1 year of physio therapy an MRI which led to an operation, to which my doctor thought i had a rotor cuff tear (it turned out i didn't) so i changed my manual job and gave up my favorite hobby (golf) only to find that 2 years down the line i'm in the same position again!
Only this time the pain feels twice as bad, and its moved to my color bone and shoulder blades, and some times at the top of my spine.

I have not been back to my doctor about the problem as i get the feeling he thinks i'm lying about the pain!

Its always uncomfortable but at night its unbearable, i honestly cant sleep and get so annoyed with the pain, sometimes i want to just bang it against something in hope that i will get a pain else where to take my mind of the shoulder pain.

I've been to see a physio again even though i dont think it helps much.
She did some manipulation and tonight is some of the worst pain i've had in my entire life.

People have recommended accupuncture so i'll give that a try. I would try anything now!

If anyone has any suggestions i will gladly take any advice.

Sorry forgot to mention clicking and popping accures with almost every shoulder move i make, can be really painful but sometimes relieves the pain.
Hi there!

I can imagine your pain just by your description and I'm sorry to hear this.  I still suggest you go back to your doctor for you to be properly assessed.  He might see something different with every consult you make, and can prescribe medications.  Cortisone shots should help.  Applying camphor liniments and massaging can sometimes do the trick.  Alternative medicine in the form of accupuncture is gaining more acceptance nowadays.  I hope you find a solution soon, as pain is something I can't tolerate either.

Regards...
Hi paul

Thanks for your comments. I went back to my physio today, and i had accupuncture,  so far i cant feel any difference but i'm booked in again for wednesday.
She did say that some people dont feel the benefits till a day after, so all being well i may get a period of calm.

I'm also being reffered to a cairopractor.

Again i'm writing this at night because i just can not get to sleep, i'll soon be posting on here for insomnia questions hehe.

Thanks again

Hi, we share a common misery, shoulder pain. The pain that gets worse at night suggests tendinitis. You could be having problems with your rotator cuff or bursitis. I suggest you go to a different doctor if your doctor doesn't believe you. Who are you seeing? You should be seeing a rheumatologist or orthepedic dr.  I've had a dozen shots already over the years, but now they're only helping for a month or two so I'm starting PT again.

Put some ice down on that shoulder at night. You might need another cortisone shot and more PT. I know its a bummer, I'm sick of it myself.  Incidently, I've had accupuncture also years ago and also napropathy. It didn't help much because I found out my rotator cuff was torn.