Sharp knee pain when bearing weight
I'm new here, but hope someone has an idea of what this could be. I am in my mid 50's and have had both my knees replaced. The right one was done about 14 years ago, the left one was about 7 years ago. I have had little problem with either knee since surgery. When I got up this morning I almost fell when I put weight on my left leg. The pain in my left knee was horrible. I tried working through it thinking it was just stiff from sleeping, but it has not improved. It doesn't hurt unless I put weight on it, and then it's an excruciating sharp pain on the right side of the knee only. I have never had anything like this before, even before it was replaced. Any suggestions as to what it may be?
Check your knee and try to find sensitive point,if you find it,do gentle massage yourself...
If pain constant.you would see specialist.
Take care!
Hi   Like you Im in my mid 50s I consulted  my Dr went for  MRI they said it looked like a torn meniscus went to my wifes dr friend and he recommended I go to this Dr excellent in the knee field Looked at my X rays and said it wasnt a torn meniscus but it was a degenerating tissue under the kneecap walking  but when I kneel on my knee I get such a burning feeling Iike you dont believe which last about 3-5 minutesRecommended therapy but said try not walking up and down sta  irs yea rightAt this present time therapy is just a waste of time and money Last alternative he told me was knee replacement He said some type of trauma happened in my past that caused this I dont know Have to see him in a week and tell him Bill