Orthopedics Community
Shattered Wrist

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Shattered Wrist

4906928?1253840913
I shattered my right wrist over a year ago at work (right handed). First dr did not take good care of me... new Dr has tried a cortisone shot in wrist and I notice no improvement. I am in pain daily and find I drop things often. I am returning to Dr tommarrow and he will discuss MRI and possible surgery >>I am told that it might be risky and I may have to live with this pain for the rest of my life. I am a 44 year old single mom. I feel so discouraged as I am right handed and feel like this is huge and life changing as I feel crippled. I need to work two jobs to support my family and I am down to only one. I cant waitress due to dropping stuff. I cant fulfill a life long dream of cake decorating etc.
I am willing to accept his decision if surgery is neccesary- but if he says no I have to live with the pain for the rest of my life. I will be torn. My wrist is deformed looking and noticeable. I was told it was set wrong and that I have bone that is longer pressing on a shorter bone. Dr said we would discuss cutting a small chunk out of longer bone to take strain off of short one. I cry almost daily as I struggle and the dropping thing is so heart breaking to me. I am too young for this and to think of my accident and the life changing things I have gone through. I feel sad about it and wondering about my future and working. .. I cant believe it . I am so strong of a person and then this .. I feel weak now.
I
tried to put picture of my wrist and pushed wrong button..ooops