Shattered Wrist
I shattered my right wrist over a year ago at work (right handed). First dr did not take good care of me... new Dr has tried a cortisone shot in wrist and I notice no improvement. I am in pain daily and find I drop things often. I am returning to Dr tommarrow and he will discuss MRI and possible surgery >>I am told that it might be risky and I may have to live with this pain for the rest of my life. I am a 44 year old single mom. I feel so discouraged as I am right handed and feel like this is huge and life changing as I feel crippled. I need to work two jobs to support my family and I am down to only one. I cant waitress due to dropping stuff. I cant fulfill a life long dream of cake decorating etc.
I am willing to accept his decision if surgery is neccesary- but if he says no I have to live with the pain for the rest of my life. I will be torn. My wrist is deformed looking and noticeable. I was told it was set wrong and that I have bone that is longer pressing on a shorter bone. Dr said we would discuss cutting a small chunk out of longer bone to take strain off of short one. I cry almost daily as I struggle and the dropping thing is so heart breaking to me. I am too young for this and to think of my accident and the life changing things I have gone through. I feel sad about it and wondering about my future and working. .. I cant believe it . I am so strong of a person and then this .. I feel weak now.
I
tried to put picture of my wrist and pushed wrong button..ooops