Should pain
Hi everyone,  

I have severe pain in my left shoulder.  It starts where the Deltoid ends and the bicep begins.  Right in that groove.  I am unable to raise my arm sideways because the pain radiates to the back of my shoulder.  When I do raise in up in front of me it pops frequently. Now the pain is starting to spread to my chest.  I cannot lift anything with my left arm, I am in constant pain, and my arm is very weak.  My primary prescribed a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory.  Neither is working.  I had X-rays yesterday. But I have not gotten the results yet.

Should I ask for an MRI or CTscan?  Whichever is more definitive.  I am really worried
If your X-ray shows some type of abnormality, then yes you should probably have a scan. But you have to wait until the X-ray results come back. Both MRI and CT's are good, although I think MRI's are more commonly used on shoulder problems.

You probably need something to help with the pain, pain causes anxiety. Hope you get some answers soon.

Take Care
X-rays, were negative.  I still cannot raise my hand abouve my head.  Its quite painful.  I can feel heat and swelling where the Deltoid meets the biceps and now the pain has extended to down the back of my arm into the triceps.

I will surely as my doctor to order an MRI
It sounds like maybe a bicep tendon problem which could explain why your x-ray was clear. That groove that you metion, I believe is called the biceptical groove which attaches to your elbow..... I have had severe right shoulder pain for over two yrs - have had sub-acrominal bursectomy and recently minipulation under aneastesia (which hasn't worked!) because i manage to get a frozen shoulder after first surgery. Shoulder pain is no fun..... I am only 30yrs old and it effects my quality of life greatly....... Ice packs are really good and can reduce the pain alot especially if you have that horrible achy burning pain..... if your pain killers are not working then go back to your doctor.... you shouldn't have to put up with the pain...... Do you remember hurting your shoulder at all? Mine was the result of trauma from an accident.........
Thanks for the information!!!  I did feel a very sharp pain in the area a few months ago while working out. It was a bit tender then subsided, then I started to have difficulty with range of motion but I could still complete my work outs (without using weights).  Also I have felt pain curve downward toward my elbow and I have a very tender point in the bicipital groove.