Shoulder MRI
"High-grade bursal sided partial tear of the supraspinatus tendon from the footprint which extends from anterior to posterior over approx. 2 cm of the footprint sparing only the anteriormost fibers of the supraspinatus. No evidence of full thickness perforation. No retraction. Mild tendinosis affects the distal infraspinatus and subscapularis.

"The acromion is Type II configuration with mild acromioclavicular arthrosis. There is moderate subacromial subdeltoid bursal fluid."

The whole thing is a question to me. I looked up the big words and know the parts pretty well. They want to do surgery in a week. I haven't met with the surgeon yet. " 2 cm of the footprint"? Is this a situation where they would completely cut the tendon and start from scratch? What kind of down time am I looking at?
no comments... Oh well.
Hi there!

Though the tendon may not be completely cut, this would require a complete repair. We might be looking at a few initial days of complete rest, followed by a few weeks of movement restriction, while return to normal activities may take a few more weeks. It would be best to discuss the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!