Orthopedics Community
Shoulder Pain when pressure applied

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Shoulder Pain when pressure applied

I was involved in a serious car accident involving an eighteen wheeler 20 years ago.  At that time I broke both legs.  I have had neck/back problems ever since.  About 2 years ago I started experiencing intense pain in my left shoulder---but only  when pressure is applied.   The pain is VERY INTENSE.  Tramadol doesn't help any---even if I take up to three.  Ibuprophen 800 MG X 3 will help slightly.  However, I know taking 2400MG is not a good solution.  I asked my doctor about it and he didn't seem concerned about my situation.  With my past situation I have a very high tolerance for pain.  However, the pain I experience with my shoulder is unbearable.  Even the slightest pressure applied to the area feels intense.  The pain feels like someone is forcing their elbow into my back in the shoulder blade area.  Any ideas????  Thanks so much.
I think your shoulder pain may not be due to your past injury, is there any restriction in the shoulder movement along with the pain, there could be compression of nerve so it is better you consult an orthopedician and get his advise rather than continuing this pain killer tablets for long time.
I am being treated for a frozen shoulder and torn rotator cuff right now and Tramadol seems to be the most worthless medication I have ever taken.  I have intense pain in my scapula also and I relieve that pain by going to accupunture and having the cups put on.  You might want to look into this.  It gives pain relief for up to 2-3 weeks.  It is like a deep tissue massage.  Some states insurance will cover accupuncuture, mines, (PA) does not.  Some of us with chronic pain need to try whatever we can to maintain our activities of daily living.  Good luck to you!!!!!!!!
Take an x-ray of the shoulder joint.See if there is any shoulder dis-location.There could be a laxity in the shoulder joint ligaments.Please do a blood work and check your diabetic state.If you are a smoker quit smoking immediately.Take a MRI to check for any neuro involvement.
Always take a anti-ulcer drug like Tablet.Ranitidine 150mg before food and then take any pain killers if required,by doing so you can avert any gastritis caused by the painkillers which are available OTC.
Goodluck
see an RMT, I'm **** that right now and it has worked wonders on my shoulder.