Shoulder Pain
I have been dealing with a painful shoulder and limited ROM since November with . I started physical therapy in December with very little relief of pain and very little progress of ROM. I have  not injured myself and have psoriatic arthritis, sjogrens syndrome, osteoarthritis, HBP, prediabetes (very well controlled), fibromyalgia, and a few other minor ailments.  I finally had an MRI last week with results as follows:

Osseous Acromial Outlet: AC joint is intact. Type II acromion with subtle anterior spurring slightly narrowing the subacromion outlet. Small amount of fluid is seen in the subacromion bursa.

Rotator Cuff: 3 mm interstitial tear at the midportion of the subscapularis best seen on axial image 13. No tendon thickening. No full-thickness retracted tear or muscle atrophy.

Biceps and Labrum: Biceps is well positioned in the bicipital groove. No obvious labral tear. There is capsular thickening and edema at the rotator interval area.

IMPRESSION:

1. There is small interstitial tear of the subscapularis.
2. Thickening and edema of the rotator interval area capsule suggestive of capsular sprain versus adhesive capsulitis.

I'm wondering if the exercises and massages I have been getting at PT has made it worse. The massages have been especially painful as the therapist has been massaging near where the tear is in subscapularis. I can also feel the swelling near the scapula when I lay on my back. Feels like I am laying on a lump. Any suggestions or advice you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.