Orthopedics Community
Shoulder Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Shoulder Problems

Hi, the other day I was moving furniture all day and one of the piece fell and after that my left shoulder has been burning, its tender to the touch the pain is slighty unbearable. The pain is in my peck muscle and goes to the joint and armpit and circles around to my spine and I cant elevate it my arm plus my hand is swollen so much I had to remove my wedding band. Ice doesn't help nor does heat or painkillers. I know I need to see the Dr. I was just wondering if it could just be a pulled muscle? Thanks for any information.
There are many many things it could be from a muscle strain to a sprained shoulder. Can you give a little more info? Can you move your shoulder at all? What makes the pain worse ie movement, pressure on a certain spot? It sounds to me like something was damaged in your shoulder and not the muscle. Best wishes, Sissie
Its a constant pain, when I have it in the sling position its manageable but when I raise it or let it hang it has a burning/stabbing pain. My shoulder swelling doesn't really go down with ice or heat. My swollen hand is also unchanged.
It could be dislocated or sprained. This is just my best guess based on what you say is wrong. Your shoulder is actually attached to your sternum and collarbone with ligaments. This would explain why you feel the pain in you pec as well as your spine. When the fall happened did you get hit on the top or front part of your shoulder?  Your best course of action would be to make a sling or buy one since that helps, wrap it loosely in an ace bandage and ice it for the next 24-48 hours to help with swelling as well as taking ibuprofen or naproxen. It really could be anything though so if it does not improve go to your dr to make sure it is nothing serious. Sorry I was not more helpful. Best wishes, Sissie
I noticed about an hour ago that there was this black/dark purple bruise in my arm pit area. Unfortunately my Dr. is conveniently on vacation this week...
That is bad news :( . Is it getting any better?
It appears to be my rotator cuff. Possible torn muscle. I should be having it scanned soon.
ouch. I wish you the best of luck with it.  Hopefully it heals soon. Keep me posted on your progress. Best wishes, sissie