Shoulder injury?
Sorry this will be detailed, but please help if you have input. Thank you!

I have extensive pain and nerve damage in my right clavicle, humorous and scapula that leads into the right side of my neck. The mobility in my right shoulder/forearm is weakened and I have tingling in my right hand fingers. I cannot hold my arm up for that long and feel much pain when I do. I have been in treatment for over a year now. I have seen several chiropractors, ART specialists, massage therapy on  a weekly basis and nothing is working *PERMANENTLY* I gain temporary relief and then the pain, throbbing, aching, numbness starts all over again. I am 25 years old and in extreme pain on a daily basis. I was in a car accident on April 11th 2011, it wasn't major but I was rear-ended by multiple cars on the highway in stop and go traffic. I have had X-rays- they were normal however, I am contemplating an MRI or ultrasound to try and grasp what is really going in. I just got back from a trip to the Caribbean where I was more active with my arm/shoulder snorkeling and my entire right side feels bruised and swollen. I have no bruising, no discoloration but I have a lot of knots in my muscles that feel like little rocks. I am not overweight-i'm 5''3 and 112 pounds and am very healthy. I have not been weightlifting because I fear it would cause more strain, pain. But I walk regularly, hike and ride my bike. I used to do a TON of weightlifting (before this all started). Should I try an musculoskeletal doctor? Orthopedist? Continue with the Chiropractor? Perhaps I need surgery? Please help if possible.

Thank you in advance,

Ashlee

Thank you in advance,

Ashlee
Hey Ashlee!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms or predict if this has been a result of weight lifting, the accident or over use. Possibilities that may need to be considered include inflammation, degeneration, muscular injuries, injuries to ligaments/ tendons, nerve impingement or pressure, stress fractures etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest resting the shoulder and the arm and avoiding excessive stress on it.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!