Orthopedics Community
Shoulder pain on walking down arm and hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

For  a few months now i have been getting an ache at the rear of my shoulder and under my armpits which carried on down the side of my arm with some numbness in my ring and little finger (right arm).  The worst problem is that when i walk there is an impact pounding at the back of my shoulder and under armpit which travels down my arm and to my fingers.  There seem to be so many diffferent causes for arm and shoulder pain that i am lost at where to start.  My wrist also hurts when pushed downwards but not back, the pain when walking which is very harsh and it feels like my arm is just hanging.  Range of movement is not too affected.  Please please any advice or ideas as to a cause would be very grateful.