Orthopedics Community
Spinal Cord/ Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Spinal Cord/ Pain

My patient has gotten his first pressure ulser after 30 years of being a quad. Its on his bottom and is 9cm X 6cm 5 cm deep and starting to heal. But he has finally desided it is healing because he is staying in the bed more. (sandbed) But now sence hes staying off the wound/bottom he is in so much pain he just cries. He use to up everyday for about 12 hours or more. Now we are getting up every three days for about 2 hours. Is there anything I as a care giver can do or is there something I can tell the doctor to help get him relef? Thanks so very much.
Hi theres a lot yiu can do for him hun lst encourage him to go to the gp with you and tel and explain everything ok also just make sure that he is comfortable at all tmes but do encourage him to get up and maybe rest on the couch a little and may i also serjest that if the pain is that serfeer id both say n serjest thst if your a driver take him to the local ERat your local hospital as soon as possible as the pain barrier is just to strong and totalky unbearable for him and can not ve leaft like this any longer hun ok as im sure he shouldnt have that nuch osin ok hope thst this has been of some help to you im gere for you if you need me any tine ok ket me now how you get on and with him resting its odviousely eased it some but he still needs to be able to be able to live his life pain free ok