Orthopedics Community
Sprained Ankle AND Big Toe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Sprained Ankle AND Big Toe

Hello!

I just need to know if I should go see my doctor about a sprained ankle and big toe? I've sprained this ankle before and I know what to do (ice, wrap, elevated, etc.). I know this sprain is minor and I'm sure my toe is too, but both are very painful and I've never injured my toe before (at least I'm assuming it's sprained...it's definitely not broken, but it's swollen and bruised so it's not just stubbed either). I can't find relief to walk or drive because putting pressure on both my heel and the ball of my foot causes pain. Had I only injured my ankle, i would just put pressure elsewhere or only my toe, I'd put pressure on the heel. But I can't in this situation. My problem is that my doctor is a good 45 minutes away, so I want to know if there's anything they can do for me or if it would be advised to go get it checked just in case. If so, I'll find someone to take me. But I hate to bother someone to take me, pay the fees, and them tell me what I already know. Hope you understand!

Thanks for your time!
Tags: sprain, Ankle, Toe