Aa
A
A
Close
Stabbing pain in pack of knee
Trying to understand cause and treatment for unbearable stabbing pain in back of knee (outermost part of back of left knee).  I was living in India for 6 months and walking 4-8 miles per day living with no car.  No problem except some sore pain in the tendon that runs on either side of the back of my lower calf of left leg (near ankle).  Could still keep exercising, however.  3 weeks ago I returned to my sedentary desk job.  I only get to walk 3 miles in the morning and then it is sitting almost all day.  This horrible pain began a couple days ago, is unpredictable (except if I tilt my foot onto its side or point my toe it can bring on the pain, and it seems to come on more going up hill) and sometimes is worse when I'm taking weight off my leg.  It is such a sharp pain it makes me scream out loud (I've done natural child birth -- I don't scream :) ).  An ace type knee brace seems to help.  What happened?  I haven't been stretching the way I used to, but stretching does NOT help this problem now.  I have lost 25 pounds walking, and really want to get back to it! Help.  Thanks much.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1343146 tn?1279334243
You should see a doctor and have an MRI.  This could be a tear of the meniscus.  It is the most common type of knee injury.  But also on the MRI they can check your ACL to make sure that it is not tore.  Hope this helps and that you start to feel better soon.
Comment
Cancel
1343146 tn?1279334243
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank