Orthopedics Community
Stabbing pain in pack of knee
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stabbing pain in pack of knee

Trying to understand cause and treatment for unbearable stabbing pain in back of knee (outermost part of back of left knee).  I was living in India for 6 months and walking 4-8 miles per day living with no car.  No problem except some sore pain in the tendon that runs on either side of the back of my lower calf of left leg (near ankle).  Could still keep exercising, however.  3 weeks ago I returned to my sedentary desk job.  I only get to walk 3 miles in the morning and then it is sitting almost all day.  This horrible pain began a couple days ago, is unpredictable (except if I tilt my foot onto its side or point my toe it can bring on the pain, and it seems to come on more going up hill) and sometimes is worse when I'm taking weight off my leg.  It is such a sharp pain it makes me scream out loud (I've done natural child birth -- I don't scream :) ).  An ace type knee brace seems to help.  What happened?  I haven't been stretching the way I used to, but stretching does NOT help this problem now.  I have lost 25 pounds walking, and really want to get back to it! Help.  Thanks much.