Orthopedics Community
Stiff Right Side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Stiff Right Side

Good day!

I've been having a stiff neck, stiffness in the lower shoulder blade area and lower back pain. All on the right side. I've taken muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatory to no avail. What could this be?

Thanks in advance!

Jason
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You might have had a fall, accident in the recent past which you have to recollect.

It can also be a back and neck muscle sprain or pull which has resulted in this stiffness and pain.

Apply warm and cold compress and continue taking NSAIDs such as ibuprofen or naproxen. Follow proper ergonomics in your daily living.

Take complete rest for couple of days and do not exert and if the pain continues then you would need to follow up for an examination near an orthopedician. The orthopedician may suggest you to some scans for a proper diagnosis for treatment.

Take care!