Orthopedics Community
Still in Pain 3 Months after knee replacement surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Still in Pain 3 Months after knee replacement surgery

I am still taking hydrocodone for pain 4x a day and still experiencing pain. I have iced, done all excercises, go to Physical therapy ever since my surgery. I am still experiencing pain in both legs on a regular basis. I just don't get it. I excercise when I need to, rest, elevate, ice. I have done it all and have added swimming at the gym the last month. My doctor says sorry for your pain and has x-rayed 2x to see if everything was okay but still in pain. No one can answer what will make the pain stop. Just say everybody is different. I still swell in both legs too. I have just about  have had it. My life is awful. I felt better bone on bone then I feel now. What other answers do I have?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Possibly time for another opinion from an Orthopedic MD in a different group?
Not good to have to take pain meds like that, with all the acetaminophen in them.
Blank
Hello!

After a total knee replacement surgery you would need to follow up for physiotherapy very intensely and regularly.

With regular physiotherapy most of your pain from surgery should decrease by a month and the rest of your pain should be gone by 3 months. There can be some nagging pain but by regular physiotherapy your quadriceps will increase in strength and your pain will decrease if all other parameters are normal.

You can apply diclofenac skin patches for pain relief and take ibuprofen intermittently.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank