Strain of 'pronator quadratus'??
Hi all,
Here's my story...while lifting bags at work extending my arm to pass to a coworker I gradually began to feel some pain by the crease of my elbow. Mainly when flexing and twisting forearm palm up. After a week or two passed and it didn't go away I saw a dr.  He said distal biceps tendonitis. After a month of PT with no change he ordered an MRI for possible tear. From what i've read my symptoms seemed to indicate partial tear of distal biceps tendon which may not show on an MRI. Sure enough the MRI showed no tear but a strain of the 'pronator quadratus' muscle. From what i've read on that this new diagnosis doesn't seem to make sense. The first diagnosos of the tendonitis made more sense. Does anyone know anything about this? I'd hate to find out that it was a partial tear after it's completely ruptured.  Also I'm thinking of getting a second opinion, if anyone knows of a good orthopedic specializing in the elbow/forearm on Long Island i'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks
MRI is the best diagnostic tool for muscle, ligaments and tendons and other soft tissues.

If you do not have a biceps tear and not detected in an MRI, you do not have a tear.
It might be mild tendonitis and for that rest and anti inflammatory drugs will help you overcome that.
This would also help your pronator quadratus to heal.
Take care!