Orthopedics Community
Stress Fracture Healed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Stress Fracture Healed?

Can someone tell me what's going on with my stress fracture! I was diagnosed with the sfx at the end of January and I have rested since. Biked and swam only. I had an MRI done a few weeks ago and my doctor says that I am completely healed; no edema and no stress fracture. I have run three times since the doctor cleared me with no pain. However, I still often feel slight discomfort, and recently (actually the day before the MRI) I badly reagravated the area while biking. It flared up again very badly yesterday while I was at work... there was no impact and minimal walking.

I put my MRI pics on my google web site.... http://kwhitec.googlepages.com/home

Maybe someone who knows something can give me a second opinion? I don't know anything, but there seems to be a lot going on where the inital stress fracture was...
Hello Dear,
You should go for a second opinion and there might be some trauma causing the pain.You should again get an x-ray done to know the present state.Do not worry it might have flared up from overexertion.Take rest and massage.
Best

you could probably go for another mri if the pain is back. i had a stress fracture that took 9 months to heal. (in my hip)  i am a mother of 2 so that may have prolonged my injury but i finally got a good mri and am so happy, however i still have pain here and there and am just so nervous to re injur.  dont know what excercises to do.  i also have been taking calcium and am making an appt to go for a bone density test.  also every time you excersice you should immediately ice for 20 min and than heat for 20 min and than repeat.  i bought i wrap ice pad that i can actually wear.. it really helps because my problem is actually sitting for 20 minutes.  i have two toddlers and a dog!  anyway good luck to yuo and hope you feel better soon.  i finally just yesterday got my result back and ccant wait to go to they gym tomorrow... but its so hard for me "to take it slow"