Stress Fractures
Hey, I'm 15 and I play soccer as well as run indoor and outdoor track. I'm a freshman in high school and I am an All State, All American runner. I run a 56 sec. 400 meter. My coach runs us into the ground and as a result, I have stress fractures in both legs on the lower tibia. I got a bone scan and an orthopedic doctor put me on crutches for a month. After a month on crutches and 2 weeks pain free without crutches I was allowed to return to gym class as well as begin physical exercise such as swimming and cycling, but I don't know how to begin or when to begin running again. I am worried that when I start running again, the shin splints and stress fractures will just come back again. I need a very good conditioning program to work with so that I can get back to my previous physical state. Does anyone have any suggestions for a program or has anyone had personal experience and is willing to help me? Thank you very much!
You can visit any good conditioning programme conducted by Physiotherapists in your area. You need to visit a dietician to make a proper diet chart as you would need proteins with a balanced diet to help your body to recover. There are very good programmes conducted by sports specialists also.
Start doing it slowly and do not exert yourself as you should remember that your health is the most important thing to your family, and test your endurance and with determination and hardwork you can start running. Take care!