Sudden onset hip pain
Hi, I woke in the early hours of the morning and went to get out of bed on standing i had excruciating pain in my left hip and could barely mobilise.  It took all the effort i could muster just to move, I took pain relief and rubbed in some voltarol cream.  The tiredness eventually overcame the pain and on waking again the pain was not as bad and i could walk.  All day i have had twinges in my hip, down my leg and my lower back.  It presents with numbness also.  I have not done anything to cause any trauma to the area  I feel like someone has given me a dead leg.  I worry because I do not want to lose the ability to mobilise again.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult o determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include inflammations, degeneration, spinal causes, nerve impingement/ compression, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, cyst formation, bone growths/ tumours, , fractures, injuries to tendons/ muscles/ ligaments etc. I would suggest consulting an orthopedician for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan
Hope this helps.

Take care!