Orthopedics Community
Suffering from foot pain after running

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Suffering from foot pain after running

Hello. If you could help me out, I think I could honestly say that I would love you as a friend FOREVER. Been trying to get answers on the net with no avail. My situation is this: I've been playing racquetball very steadily for about 3 months now and I am experience pain on the lower side of my right foot after playing. I'll try to explain. The arch part of the underside of my foot gets very sore the following day. I feel it as I walk and put pressure on it. It's not painful but it does bother greatly. I still go and play anyway. Now during play I don't feel it. But the following day it nags. I changed shoes and it helped slightly but it continues. I am just now getting back into shape since I've been very out of shape for the past several years. I am 34 and still competetive. I play hard when I'm playing but suffering with this ailment.  I also tried buying some arch supporteers but after the first day they made my foot worse. It really hurt the next day after. Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!!
Tags: Foot
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It may be Plantar Fasciculitis, but you have a mild one. Changing shoes will not help, rather selecting the perfect shoe for your arch will help. You have to take professional help in selecting a shoe here. As this is a chronic problem of fascia and luckily for you it is mild, it takes some time for cure. Select the best possible footwear and continue your playing. IF you still have the problem i advice you to visit an Orthopaedician. Take care!