Surgery Video
I just recently went through two surgeries involving an avulsion fracture to the calcaneus. Everybody I run into asked me if I got to see the videos of the surgery. I was told that in the operating room they have to video every surgical procedure for legal purposes. I asked my surgeon if I could view them and he told me that they don't video tape anything unless they have to go into a joint with scope. It makes perfect sense why they would have to video tape for legal purposes but my surgeon told me they didn't. So I was wondering if they video tape the surgeries?
Hi Peter,
Firstly, Surgeons all over the world are interested in doing some thing new and different; hence when they are doing some different and rare procedure, they would video tape it.
Secondly if they are using endoscopes, then definitely they would video tape the surgery.
Thirdly they can do video taping on request of patient, if asked prior to surgery.
Fourthly there are different protocols being followed all over the world in respective hospitals for filming surgeries.
Hope this answers your queries.
Bye.