Orthopedics Community
Surgery: "fracture of distal phalanx"
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Surgery: "fracture of distal phalanx"

Hi. I was told by my doctor I have a fractured ring finger, and might need surgery because it has 25 degree angulation. It will be the first time Im having surgery and I'm having anxiety attacks, so I just want to ask a few questions so I know what to expect. Thanks alot.

I think this is as minor a surgery as you can get..(right?) I can move my fingers fine. So, can I get local anaesthesia, or wil they put me to sleep? also, does anyone know what preoperative exams they do on me before a simple procedure like this? do i need any at all? it's just my finger...and it seems fine. So will they do a full body physical exam just for a surgery for one finger? I don't really want that.

Thanks alot.

Related Discussions
  • Blood clots (1 replies):
    I need to have my knee scope for a torn meniscus.I have ...[more]
Hello!

You will be having regional anesthesia at your hand below the wrist so that the finger surgery can be performed without pain.

A digital block is administered sometimes before attempting to reduce a fracture. A
Combination of lidocaine and bupivacaine is used whenever possible to help with post procedure pain control.

You will be put for simple tests like: bleeding time, clotting time, blood hemoglobin, fasting blood sugar and also all your vitals (blood pressure, pulse etc) will be checked.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank