Orthopedics Community
Swelling and tingling in both ankles, hands and fingers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

For the past two weeks I have experienced extreme swelling in both ankles, toes and wrist and fingers. I went to two doctors both of which told me to just keep an eye on it if it gets worse. While it hasn't necessarily gotten worse, it absolutely hadn't gotten better. In the mornings, I'm not able to make a fist, grasping my tooth brush is a difficult task even. Then at random times, I will get tingling or numbness sensations in the tips of my fingers. My hands are the worst, my ankles are just uncomfortable at most. My hands and feet stay warm, not seeming to lose circulation or be cold like I'm used to. Nothing in my routine or diet has changed. Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be? I plan to go back to the doctor on Tuesday because it will have been an additional 7 days from the original 12 days these symptoms were already lasting when seeing my PC last. Thanks!