Swelling
I had knee surgery about a month ago but I just noticed swelling in my knee,leg and foot what can i do to keep the swelling down?
Hi there!

The blister may take some time to heal. The healing time may be delayed if there is constant irritation, infections or nutritional deficiency. Hence it is advised to keep the region padded to avoid re-injury/ irritation. You may also try some vitamin C tablets for faster healing.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Hi there!

Sorry for the earlier response.
Well, if it’s been a month and the swelling has not subsided, it could be due to secondary causes such as DVT, infections/ inflammations, arthritis, bursitis, cellulitis etc. Out of these DVT is an emergent cause and may need management right way. It is advised to visit the ER for an evaluation to rule out the possibility. After a DVT has been ruled out, other possibilities may be considered and managed appropriately. If these is no specific cause defined, you may try resting the knee and hot-fomentation along with some NSAIDS. If these do not seem to help in a couple of weeks, you may consult your orthopedician for an evaluation to rule out secondary causes.
Hope this helps.

Take care!