Orthopedics Community
Swollen Foot and Hip Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Swollen Foot and Hip Pain

For the last three days I have had severe swelling in one foot and moderate swelling in the other.  I have also been experiencing pain in my hip that is now starting to travel down my leg and also experiencing pain or tightness in the calf.  Any clues?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Did you have any fall or twisted your ankle? If you also had an intense cardio or a long trek might also cause this.
You need to rest and take some anti inflammatory drugs and keep your feet elevated on a pillow while sleeping. Also apply ice to decrease the swelling.

If this does not help you need to visit an Orthopedician for examination and future course of action.

Take care!