Orthopedics Community
Swollen Right hand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Swollen Right hand

I have been experiencing swelling and pain in my right hand for over 5 months.  I saw my doctor and he just dismissed me.  My hand hurts is swollen 6 out of 7 days and the middle finger hurts at knuckles and is hard to bend.  The area right below the fingers on the palm of the right hand is swollen and painful. Fingers look like little sausages they are so swollen right now; I don't have swelling any other place.
Hi kay, you should consult an orthopedic surgeon, as it could be rheumatoid arthritis. He will suggest few tests to diagnose the condition. Other diseases like gout should also be ruled out. As of now, taking anti-inflammatory analgesics will help to relieve pain and swelling.
i had a fight about 2years ago and since then i have been experiencing tingling fingers, and a swollen palm when i grip things and when i write. my right hand is constantly aching and i find it very hard to grip things and carry on with everyday things. iv had an ecg and an ultrasound scan to see if it is carpal tunnel. it turned out its not. but now the doctors have discharged me and i feel that i cannot carry on with this everyday. what could this be? and what can i do? please write back. marissa x
my fingers are swollen and there is a bit of pain. i know that my new job requires me to use my hands a lot and ive been over doing mouse/hand time.  What can I do now to stop the pain and heal heal heal?  I do have to go to work this week and I can work, Id just love some remedies that anyone might have.

Im also thinking about not working at this job anymore, i dont want this finger stress.