Orthopedics Community
Symptoms of infection 8yrs after knee replacement?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I had bilateral knee replacements 8yrs ago. No problem. I had pelvic surgery through an abdominal incision. I developed a hematoma and it has been left open to heal. I have developed an infection of the incision that extends into the left pelvic region. Pain radiates as far over as my left hip. Three days ago, I started having pain in my left knee. It is a sharp pain only on weight-bearing. It is similar to the bone pain I had from a subchondral fracture before the replacement. Can this pain indicate an infection in or under the knee replacement. No redness or swelling of the knee - just sharp pain on weight-bearing. It just occurred to me (at 3am) that I may need to consider this in light of the other infection. Just wondering what is the likelihood of infection?