Synvisc vs. Orthovisc
I was given a Synvisc one tme injection in both  my left and right knees in August of 2010.  It was wonderful and I did not need another one until December of 2011.  Same injection  but only my left knee needed the Synvisc treatment.  I reacted to the injection within 24 hours and my knee swelled up to the size is a 18" softball and excruciatingly painful.  I ended up in the ER where they took off 50 cc of fluid.  Three days later 75 cc were taken off and a cortisone shot was given.  The swelling eventually subsided.  The very curious thing about this is that my sister had exactly the same experience with Synvisc --  second shot (not the first) reacted with pain and swelling and had to have fluid drained. Now, my doctor is suggesting Orthovisc. injections - 1 each week for 3 weeks.  Am I in danger of the same reaction that I had with Synvisc?
Hi there!

Orthovisc is developed from non-avian sources and a reaction is unlikely due to avian allergies.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
I had an injection of Gel One about 3 months ago and it helped a great deal at first but now the pain is back.  Is there any other injections that might work better and last longer?  Can I get another one this soon?  Thanks