Orthopedics Community
TFCC and PRP Therapy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

TFCC and PRP Therapy

Has the platelet rich plasma therapy been shown to help heal TFCC tears without surgery? Or is it a viable solution with surgery?

Is anyone out there in the USA using PRP therapy on joint/ligament treatment for the hands/wrists?
Tags: TFCC
I had a tfcc repair and after it being repaired I have had alot of problems with it. Can't even bend my wrist. Think before you have surgery or anything.
I have been dealing with a TFCC injury for about 6 months. It took a while to determine what it was (it was misdiagnosed as Carpal tunnel initially). What has helped a lot is wearing a splint at night and using a wrist support while playing sports (golf and squash).
I use the wrist widget because it's opening makes it easier to play in but other wrist supports would also work. Even though I am playing sports the wrist is definitely getting better. The pain I used to feel when lifting things up or turning the steering wheel have gone away.

Hope this helps.

i'm 49 year old and  "WAS"  very active male.     i've had a tfcc tear and since had 3 surgeries since apr 08 to my left hand (i'm left handed), the cartilege in my wrist is now destroyed. please get the very best hand and wrist doctor you can get, i went for a doctor that was close to drive to, what a mistake.  the pain in my wrist has gone from minor to cronic (chronic) and now a total wirst fusion or wrist joint replacement seems to be my option.  my wrist pain is 24/7 i have clicking, grinding, ratcheting, clunking coming froming my wrist, just to open the freezer door hurts. and it all started from having surgery for a small TFCC tear, i wish i never went to a doctor at least not the one that trashed my wrist.  sorry i'm just venting, Please take your time and do the research on your doctor and get the best you can. good luck  Phill