Tailbone pain
I am a 24 y/o male, 6'2", 220lbs., 13% body fat. Approx. 6 months ago, I started having intermittent pain (5-8/10 on a scale) around my tailbone. No prior history of injury. The pain has NOT seemed to have gotten worse with time since discovery. The pain CAN BE (quite) sharp, depending on how I sit or lay down. The pain definitely seems to emanate from the right side of my tailbone. I have no pain when standing, running, or laying on my stomach or sitting tilted on my left buttock; when I do these things to relieve the pain, the pain isn't there at all. The act of sitting down on a couch can be uncomfortable initially, and if I'm even a little bit tilted to the right on an X-axis (while sitting), the pain can be dull to very sharp. If I lay down on my back, the pain can be quite sharp if I was laying on it "just right", so to speak. Sometimes when I'm lying down, and I get up and get out of bed, the act of getting out of bed can elicit pain from my tailbone that is very sharp. I have checked for signs of a pilonidal cyst or abcess; there is no swelling, no redness and no drainage. There are no visible symptoms. When I palpate my tailbone, it is very tender to palpation at the most distal point (the tip, but only on what seems to be the right side of it), as well as all along the medial aspect (the whole right side) of my tailbone; this palpation elicits a lot of pain. There is no pain at all if I hook my finger underneath my tailbone, so I suppose the pain is only on the posterior aspect (the part of my tailbone that faces away from my back). I am just being redundant to be perfectly clear. I have no fever or chills, no trouble urinating; no other symptoms.
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to point out the cause of your discomfort. Possibilities include fractures, muscular/ ligamental injuries, bruises, infections/ inflammations, nerve impingement, growths/ masses, degenerations etc. It would be best to get this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and later depending on the cause diagnosed or suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!