Orthopedics Community
Talus Bone Bruise Problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Talus Bone Bruise Problems

Hi, i am a 19 year old and 4 months ago i was playing softball, jumped to catch a high throw, landed on only my left leg on first base and rolled my ankle off of the base. A month later, I was diagnosed with a severe talus bone bruise and a partially torn ligament on the lateral side of my ankle. i was put in a walking boot and told to use the crutches without putting weight on my left ankle. It took about 2 and a half months to do away with my crutches completely but still needed the walking boot. i have been doing physical therapy for the past 8 weeks and began to feel a little better. However, about 3 weeks ago my ankle began painfully popping and clicking while doing my exercises. my doctor says this is "normal" and this injury could take up to a year to heal. he wants me to keep doing what im doing. i dont understand this due to the fact that im getting worse...  but i have a strange feeling it should not be swelling, bruising, and clicking still all of a sudden. currently i am walking with crutches still in the walking boot because i am in so much pain. not to mention, 2 years ago, i had to have my right ankle surgically reconstructed for torn ligaments that had been mistreated for 2 years by multiple doctors. so i know what it feels like to be mistreated. I have been through a lot and just want to get better and play softball again. i feel like something isn't right and im not sure what it could be? could it be broken now? I'm just at a loss. If anyone has any advice or knowledge that could help me, i would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

This discussion is related to Bone bruises(edemas) surrounding talus.