Talus Bone Bruise Problems
Hi, i am a 19 year old and 4 months ago i was playing softball, jumped to catch a high throw, landed on only my left leg on first base and rolled my ankle off of the base. A month later, I was diagnosed with a severe talus bone bruise and a partially torn ligament on the lateral side of my ankle. i was put in a walking boot and told to use the crutches without putting weight on my left ankle. It took about 2 and a half months to do away with my crutches completely but still needed the walking boot. i have been doing physical therapy for the past 8 weeks and began to feel a little better. However, about 3 weeks ago my ankle began painfully popping and clicking while doing my exercises. my doctor says this is "normal" and this injury could take up to a year to heal. he wants me to keep doing what im doing. i dont understand this due to the fact that im getting worse...  but i have a strange feeling it should not be swelling, bruising, and clicking still all of a sudden. currently i am walking with crutches still in the walking boot because i am in so much pain. not to mention, 2 years ago, i had to have my right ankle surgically reconstructed for torn ligaments that had been mistreated for 2 years by multiple doctors. so i know what it feels like to be mistreated. I have been through a lot and just want to get better and play softball again. i feel like something isn't right and im not sure what it could be? could it be broken now? I'm just at a loss. If anyone has any advice or knowledge that could help me, i would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

This discussion is related to Bone bruises(edemas) surrounding talus.