Orthopedics Community
Talus pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Talus pain

I had a Hawkins IV talus break late in 2005.  Got my operation at Stanford Hospital with Dr. Chou, with checks every month afterwards in my home country Ecuador and sending the xrays to Stanford for a 2nd opinion.  The bone after a year was perfectly attached and didn't have any signs of suffering AVN, but I still had quite a bit of pain.  The Dr. in Ecuador decided to take the two screws out with the approval of Dr. Chou in the US to see if that could be the cause of the pain in March 2007.  Nevertheless the pain it's still there and my foot movement in the upward motion it's limited. When I try to force it to move it further up it gives me a terrible pain.  I can walk almost normal, but I still can't run because of the lack of motion and pain it gives me.  Is there any other surgical procedure available to improve my upward mobility? I imagine the bone it's not with the exact same shape as it originally was and that causes the pain.  Is there a way of reshaping the bone like I've seen they do after hip surgeries so the bone can then rotate correctly and let you have the full motion?  Which University(s) or Hospital(s) it's considered to have the best Dr researching on the talus bone?