Orthopedics Community
Tendon Strains? Sore and stiff muscles too

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I am 42 years old (not over weight / under weight for my hieght) and work about 30 hours per week as a waitress (14 hours of this time is being dishwasher). I have had standing/walking with some lifting jobs for well over 6 years for about 32 to 45 hours per week.  Lately I have been experiencing joint pain in my knees, elbows and sometimes in my wrists. This is accompanied by muscle stiffness/soreness in legs, arms and upper back. What I am doing is NOT new movements been at this waitress/dishwasher job for over a year.

My knees hurt the worse in the back and when squating.  If I kneel or stay squated for a little while straightening back up increase the total knee pain two folds. The back of my knee pain is made worse with pressure, such as sitting on a chair with the chair touching the back of them.

My elbows consentaly ach and hurt the worse when I first get up in the morning... most of time I sleep bent armed.
The pain is on the inside of the elbow with an occasional mild pain on the back side.

I am not noticing any joint swelling or redness.

I have tried ice yet does nothing. I have tried heat yet it does not help much either