Tibia Titanium Rod Removal Athlete
Hello, Im 17 years old, almost 18 and when i was 14 i had broken my tibia and fibula in a football game and gotten a titanium rod placed  in my tibia. i left it in following the doctors advice and ever since then i have had really bad leg pain and shin splints whenever i would run, sometimes even walk. i play running back and im starting to limp when i sprint and its making me quite slow. the pain is bad. If i were to get the rod removed would this pain most likely go away?
hi kyle,
I am having similar problems, when i was 17 i broke both tib and fib in a baseball game and had a rod inserted.  doctor insructed me to keep it in.  i wrestled through high school and college with it like that.  I am now 21 and in the navy, and still hurts to this day.  I am comtemplating getting it taken out, im sure it would help.