Tibia rod Problems
I got a tibia rod put in about 2.5 years ago from a hockey injury where I broke my tibia, fibula and ankle.
I resumed playing hockey about 5 months ago, and there was no pain whatsoever, but about 4 weeks I tweaked my knee and thought it was a very minor injury.  I let it rest for about 3 weeks and it felt better but when I got back on the ice the pain and discomfort was still the same as before.  I got it checked out and the doctor said that all of the ligaments were strong but that maybe the rod might of moved up and is impeding the proper movements of my knee joints.  Is this possible?  I had 3 pins in my leg holding the rod, but I got them removed 10 months ago to get some hardware out that I thought I didnt need.  If the rod did move, what are necessary things I have to do to alleviate the problem and resume playing sports??  Is surgery needed??

Any help would be great
thanks