Orthopedics Community
Too Many Meds
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Too Many Meds

My brother is on welfare and the doctors at the clinic have given him the following meds. Tramadol 50 mg, Trazadone 50mg,Amitriptyline 10mg, cyclobenzaprine 10mg, Hydrocodone/APAP 5mg/500mg. In addition he was also given medication for Diabetes Type II, metformin 850 mg, glipizide 5mg, lisinopril 5 mg, simvastatin 20mg, Asprin 81 mg, Ranitidine 150 mg. Additionally he was also prescribed Naproxen 500mg and Alumina Magnesia 360 ml. I think this is too much medication. Any suggestions?  The pain meds are for arthritic hip and knee and rotator cuff surgery.
SMS
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi sms,
well thisis pathetic. No need for these medicines. Take a second opinion.
where r you from?is he under severe pain?
regards
abhijeet
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Actually, there may be a need for these medications and it is irresponsible to say otherwise without reviewing his lab work, vital signs and complete medical history.

"No need for these medication."

Maybe. Maybe not.

As far as the hydrocodone, you practically have to beg to get it these days, and your brother knows that and wants it.

There are different reasons for prescribing all of the meds you mentioned, and from reviewing them, it is not unreasonable to have them prescribed.

There also appears to be a psychiatric component to your brother's condition.

I would continue to take them in accordance with the treating physicians instructions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...