Orthopedics Community
Top of foot pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Top of foot pain

For 5 days now i have had pain on the top of my foot. It is only provoked my certain activities such as walking fast, going down hills, and touching the area. It doesn't hurt when i run or just walking around. The area on my foot is a little bit swollen and the swelling and pain gets worse at night and better only with rest. I have tried figuring out what could be wrong, but i really have no idea. Do you have an idea of what is wrong and what i can do to help it get better?
Related Discussions
Hello!

The most common reason is the use of faulty foot wear and fatigue from physical activity. This can also be due to any fall, injury or some accident. I would suggest you to take a break from activity for couple of days, to apply ice packs and to take anti inflammatory medications. The top of the foot is called arch of the foot and is supported by talus bone. The swelling and pain should decrease and if you continue having problems you would need an X-ray and examination near an orthopedician.

Take care!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank