Orthopedics Community
Torn Achilles Heel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Torn Achilles Heel

In Oct. 2009 my husband tore his Achilles heel. We know this b/c he went to E.R. had x ray. The Dr. that saw him had had the same thing happen so he knew what he was looking at. My husband was set up for MRI but he didn't go. He has continued working and walking on that leg ever since. Here it is May 2010. My husband is very stubborn and b/c we don't have insurance and he is the only one working he has done nothing for his leg. He is in constant pain and has alot of cramping. He has been on pain killers but he is just getting where he cant hardly take the pain anymore. His calf on that leg is smaller, the calf does not feel like it has any tendons in it at all. There was a knot just above the ankle but know it has moved to the back of his heel. He has been keeping as much weight off of it as possible to the point that the bottom of his heel is causing him great pain and his back also. What kind of damage do you think he has done and can it be repaired to the point he will be able to walk normally again? Your response is greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to Achilles Rupture.