Torn Medial meniscus
Can you please interpret this findings for me and tell me my chances of healing with out surgery and time frame? Have had swelling and pain for 6 weeks.

1. Flap tear of the body and junction of the posterior horn and body of the medial menisciscus flipped into the inferior gutter.

2. Small complex tear of the inner free edge of the posterior hornof the medial meniscus.
Hi!
In case of meniscal tears, initially a conservative approach to treatment is initiated. This involves rest, application of ice and elevation of the injured limb. With time inflammation subsides and the pain lessens. Then if the knee is actively used, or through physiotherapy, the muscles around the knee joint strengthen and lend support given by the meniscus. Generally this approach to treatment takes care of the symptoms. Surgery is only thought of if these conservative methods fail. So though the tear is not fully repaired, in most cases it heals enough to allow normal joint function.
However, tears which involve the white portion of the medial meniscus and are not fully repairable. The tear in the red zone of medial meniscus will heal with rest, elevation, ice and compression, followed by physiotherapy. If the tears do not repair fully, partial or complete removal of meniscus (meniscectomy) is performed.
Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.