Torn labrum... or something else?
I could really use some feed back on this issue.  I have been having problems with my right shoulder for about six months.  At first I just played it of as tendinitis and treated it with ice and Motron (no relief). In May I had an Apt with a highly respected shoulder surgeon the Doctor of course ordered an MRI and did a physical exam. The exam showed a decrease in ROM but no lose of strength and indicated a possible torn labrum. The MRI reported stated Moderate AC arthropy and mild tendonitis of  infraspinatus tendon but no tear of the labrum.  I have been doing PT for 2 months and have not had any real improvement.  My pain has always been in the distal end of my right shoulder blade.  Pain is caused by reaching across my body or down. (pain will travel down my tricep)  Any activity above my head cause a problem along with driving and sitting at a computer.  I also have noticed that something feels loose (for lack of a better term flopping) in the same area.  My chiropractor thought I might have torn my lat. or torn something off of my shoulder blade.  

My Question is would a shoulder MRI picked up an injury to that part of my shoulder blade?  Should I have an MRI of the area before any type of arthroscopy is done or could they find that type of problem with a shoulder arthroscopy?  

Any advice or similar stories would be greatly appreciated.
I would suggest haveing the doc order an MRI Arthrogram. This is a test when they inject a contrast die. If there any tears they will see the die leeking through.

Your s/s sound like a SLAP lesion.
Is a MRI Arthrogram different from a MRI with contrast?
I have had a MRI done and not tear shows up. I also have had physical therapy for what my doctor thought was a torn labrum. I was rear ended when I was stopped and the other driver was going 40 mph. It has been over a year and I am still not better after three rounds of physical therapy.My shoulder pops, it hurts to reach above my head and to put pressure on my arm, and to drive and for long periods at the computer. They want to scope my arm, and I am apprehensive on how much my pain outways the pain of surgery. Any feedback.
It took me a year for my torn labrum (120mph accident) to show up badly enough and 2 to get it fixed. My MRI showed nothing, but when he went in he found a tear that was causing all the trouble. The surgery went without a hitch and I healed up without much pain from surgery at all. The shoulder took another year or so to feel completely better, and I bump it pretty hard occasionally which irritates it, but in the long run of things, I couldn't be happier that I got the surgery.
I have been having pain in my left shoulder now for about 5 months. I hurt it doing 30 foot jumps on my bicycle, and landed straight on my shoulder. I think i heard a pop when i hit the ground, but i cant say that for sure. It hurt really bad for about a month or 2, where i couldnt move it very easily without it hurting. The pain decreased alot and i went about my daily life, when all of the sudden it hurts real bad again, and has for about 2 months. overall its been about 5 months since the first time i hurt it. I finally went to the doctor and when he felt my shoulder he thought for sure it was a torn labrum, and then he had me do a mri arthogram. the arthogram came back saying there was no tear. So he has me on Physical therapy which i've been doing for about a month now with no decreased pain whatsoever. It hurts just as bad if not more. I have pain that goes down my bicep and tricep. not sure why. I will be going to another doctor soon.  Was just wondering if anyone could have an idea of what it is. I cant reach up or anything. any ideas would be great, would surgery be the answer? thanks