Total Hip Replacement Femur Fracture
My husband had a total hip replacement 1 week ago and 2 days after the surgery we were told that he has a fractured femur going the lenght of his femur almost like you split a log. He is now in rehab and is only being told not to put any weight on it isn't there anything else that should be done? Cast, brace, boniva, calcium ....anything. Is physical Therapy really going to help at this pont. Our lives have been turned upside down due to this set back. does this happen very much and is it a mistake by the Doctor? It looks like he didn't ream out the bone enough and spit his femur....Will he be OK...he has to have his other hip done next and how will this effect the injury in the future.
OK after reading my comment I realize how much this injury has effected all of us, it has been very stressfull and we both feel powerless. All I really wanted to know is.....has anyone ever heard of this happening before and is there anything that helps heal quicker?  thanks