Total Knee post-op Swelling and Bruising
I am one week post op from a right total knee revision.  My leg  has dark purple bruising from the groin to the ankle.  Every day the swelling is getting worse and the bruising is spreading upward around my right pelvis and hip and up into my left abdomen.  Home health has fallen through the cracks and I have been on my own since hospital discharge 5 days ago.  My doctor's office is not returning my calls.  Has anyone ever had this problem?
First things first, you need to bombard your dr's office with calls until someone calls you.  You need to do the same thing with home health.  A lot of the bruising could be residual from the surgery but it shouldn't be getting worse.  If it was me, and I was still not getting a call back from either place, I would go to my ortho's office as a walk-in.  They are usually really protective of total knee post-op patients.  I'm surprised that they haven't contacted you back.  (speaking from experience, I used to work for an orthopaedic surgeon).  Good luck!
Hello!

Make sure that you do not have any haemorrhage or bleeding after the surgical procedure. You should also rule out infections.

Get yourself immediately checked by the operating surgeon and take all precautions. Take a second opinion immediately if required.

Keep your legs elevated on a pillow, rest adequately and take the antibiotics as prescribed.

Take care!