Total wrist fusion
Had scaphoid removed in 1999, as well as four corner fusion.  In 2001 was told had degenerate arthritis.  Was told on Aug 25th I need a total wrist fusion.  Was told about injections and some other procedure, but not sure what it was. I want to know is this my only option to stop the pain.  It has been eleven years since my last surgery, so he said this is what I needed to do to stop the pain. Help me someone, have two boys and so on, is this what I need to do.  If it is, ok I will just do it, cause if all I can do is delay the total fusion, then I will just do it now. Please just need an answer, thats all, tghanks and God Bless.
I have had six ops on my hand resulting in total fusion, the last was to remove a plate i am still in some pain post op but am now finding that i am unable to even lift the kettle this is my experience you will probably always have some pain associated with this problem im sorry to say but you do learn to adapt, my biggest hurdle is getting an employer to understand the problem of lifting and reaching so am now looking at retraining with help from maximus, if your hand needas fusion have it done now rather than wait as you get older you will experience more problems, im really sorry to paint such a black picture for you but this is the reality of this problem, i used to make models from scrap wood i am unable to do this now and can only use certain tools with minimal vibration. best of luck let me know how you get on   best wishes Clive