Orthopedics Community
Treatment for Genu Valgum (Knock Knees)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Treatment for Genu Valgum (Knock Knees)

I am a 44 year old female who, as I reflect back, has had a moderate to severe case of knock knees throughout my teenage and adult life.  I recall bringing up the subject to more than one doctor over the years, only to get responses such as, "Yeah, welllll (sigh), it's one of those things you'll just have to live with."  That's not the answer I wanted to hear then, and all these years later it's STILL not the answer I want to hear.  However, amazingly, I find virtually NOTHING on surgical treatment for this condition by U.S. doctors.  Why is this??  Rather, what I have found is a physician in the Ukraine by the name of Veklich who performs a very brief, 30 minute operation that doesn't even involve cutting or general anesthesia which corrects knock knees via the "Ilizarov-Veklich apparatus."  The before & after photos on his websites are remarkable, and the entire treatment takes only a few short months.

What I'd specifically like know is whether you have any knowledge or experience with patients who have been treated with this apparatus, and whether or not anyone in the U.S. performs a similar procedure with comparable results.  It seems rather extreme to have to go all the way to the Ukraine for medical treatment, especially given that the U.S. is supposed to be on the cutting edge of technology!  I would appreciate any specific information on treatment available in the U.S. you can give me, as well as about Dr. Veklich and/or his Ilizarov-Veklich apparatus.  Thank you!

Let me try to answer your question, at least partially.
There is no clinic that uses Veklich devices in USA, the devices are patented and unique for usage only at Ladisten Clinic (Ukraine).
We have a contact of the client treated in our clinic, that can describe her experience and  share results of correction, would you like to contact the person?

Please let me know and also if you would like to know more about Veklich and his Ilizarov-Veklich devices. Actually there is information available on the official website ladisten.com, you can check there.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Ladisten.